Update -

Lots has been going on. My sister's mother in law died after a long illness. I found out I had to have surgery. Mary has set up a Caring Bridge site. It is here


I have to have my aorta redone. When Dr. K replaced most of my aorta in 2003, he left small section of my aorta intact. This was to prevent him from having to reattach all of the intercoastal arteries individually. It would have taken too long and greatly increased the risk of paraplegia. So he just left the section where all of those attached and sewed the whole thing into the graft. Now, that section of native tissue is failing. He wanted to do a minimally invasive procedure six months ago but we found out that the stent-graft wouldn't deploy correctly. So, Dr. K decided to put off surgery as long as possible.

Long story short, it isn't possible anymore. I was originally going to wait until summer vacation to have it done, but we've decided it needs to be moved up to April 1st. I've gotten a few comments about that date...

Anyway, I have some things to take care of. I just wanted to get this post up so everyone was up to date.

2 comments:

Alex said...

April 1. It is on my calendar.

Joy said...

I was working that day but I was able to switch to the 31st. I'll be there!! Thanks for you listening ear this week..and prayers too.