Theolgians

In her blog today BesoMami wrote a very cute story about her son. It was filled with a number of personal observations but the punchline was when her son said. "Mom, Jesus Loves you!"

Nurse Joy then made a comment that her daughter frequently sings "Jesus loves you!"

Kids.

My sister frequently makes the comment that she doesn't "get" a lot of what I write about and study. As I wrote in my comment to Alex and Joy, I spend my days with seminarians, I think their kids get it more than the seminarians do! They certainly get it better than me.

I'm banging my head against my desk trying to work on Freud and transference issues. Is Jesus simply a perfect father figure who gives us unconditional love created by us in response to our own broken nature which is caused by a failure to adequately work through early childhood developmental stages?

My head hurts. God must be punishing me for my blasphemy. Either that, or I've been staring at this screen for too long.

Either way, I'll rest and hopefully not get struck by lightning before class tonight.

That reminds me of another cartoon.

2 comments:

Brett Hendrickson said...

I opt for no hell.

Joy said...

Tinman... Jesus loves you. :)