Who am I and What do I want to be when I grow up?

Lots of stuff going on today. I just made my first Pastoral Call. It was a phone call to someone that Lovely wife Mo knows well. He was of great help to her during my recent health crises. It is somewhat incorrect to think of him as a parishioners. He's retired clergy and was a major player in Chicago's civil rights movement. Luckily, someone is helping him write some of these things down. So, he's meeting with this guy tomorrow and that would be my only chance to get out and see him. So, no face to face meeting, but a nice phone conversation.

Another odd thing. I finally bought The Uniform. Yep, I've got a collar. I'm not quite sure when and where I'll wear it yet. It was just a big step for me to buy it. It's sort of an admission that this is really happening. I'm really going to be ordained. I've got a picture. I sent it to Mo. What is really odd. It's not as odd as I thought it would be.

2 comments:

Joy said...

Send the picture to me too!! I'm not sure I can look at it without crying though. I hope you know how truly proud I am to be your sister. love ya

Brett Hendrickson said...

Way to go with the pastoral call and the collar!